Welcome to the new term at the Open Centre! Sam, our manager is now on maternity leave and will return in September 2020. She and her husband were blessed with a lovely baby boy over the summer s..
The Open Centre is a non-profit-making charity which relies on grants and charges to meet the costs of staff, office and building. Our prices have been discussed with local RE advisors and are considered to be reasonable and fair for the services we offer.
- Please click here for our On-line Booking Enquiry Form.
- Please click here for our Terms & Conditions – including details of our Cancellation Charges.
- Please click here for Important Information for Schools Visits
(per Place of Worship)
See below for donations to Places of Worship
|£2.50 per pupil/per place of worship|
|Activity Sheets (Hinduism, Sikhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam)EYFS, Year 1, Year 2, Years 3/4, Years 5/6, KS3/4||£2.50 per Age Band/Place of Worship|
|Workshops (Price dependent on type of Workshop) Each Workshop is based specific groups sizes – see Workshops page for more details.||£80 – £90|
|Whole Day Events (Different Cultures On-site or at the Centre)||Contact us|
|Speakers, Talks or Debates||Contact us|
There are three options to hire our mobile exhibition
Option 1 – One Week – £140
Option 2 – Two Weeks – £210
Options 3 – Three Weeks – £280
Add access to online resources for an extra £10 per week.
In addition to this;
If you would just like the online resources and not the exhibition then a years’ subscription is £75.
You can also add the following;
A one-hour teacher training session, led by one of our experienced staff members, on the use of the ‘Our Heritage’ resources within the classroom – £150
– Workshops (including Asian Marriage, Cookery, Arabic Calligraphy and more) – From £75
*Please note; if purchasing a Workshop or Training Session with a Mobile Hire, the session must take place on the same day as either exhibition.
Donations: Places of worship are kind enough to allow us to us their premises for visits so we add £5.00 (For up to 35 pupils) or £10.00 (For more than 35 pupils) to our invoices for each place of worship visited. This money is passed directly to the Places of Worship.
Travel: Add £15.00 per hour to cover travelling time for on-site Workshops or Speakers.
No charge within Derby City. Add £0.40 per mile for travel costs for on-site Workshops or Speakers.
Lunch: If whilst visiting the Open Centre you wish to stay for lunch, we have three different rooms available for you to use that can accommodate up to 100 children. As these are quite large spaces, we therefore need to cover the cost of heating and cleaning these rooms during your visit. We therefore charge £5.00 (For up to 35 pupils/one room used) or £10.00 (For more than 35 pupils/two rooms used) This will be added to your invoice after your visit.
1. Please also see our Terms and Conditions before making an on-line Booking Enquiry.
2. Each Faith Trail visit takes about an hour – including walking time.
3. Each standard Workshop takes about an hour.
4. Speakers can fit in with the time you have available. It could be a 20 minute Assembly, a 40/60 minute lesson/talk or a double-lesson/lunch-time/after-school debate.
5. Some Places of Worship are not available on certain days (Mosques on Fridays) or at certain times (Hindu Temple after 12:00pm and the Mosque after 12:30pm)
Making a Booking Enquiry
Please click here to make your initial query – we will ring you back to discuss details.
A booking is only confirmed once you have received your booking form which will confirm all your details. If you have not received a booking form, your booking may not be yet confirmed so please call us to clarify your information on 01332 360737 at least 4 weeks in advance of your booking.
Don’t forget to check our Terms and Conditions before booking.