March 2017 Feedback Here is a collection of feedback we have received for March 2017. Another successful month! Helen Newton – Shirebrook Academy ..
Terms and conditions
Our primary concern is the well-being of everyone who visits us – particularly children, so all our staff members are DBS checked.
Non-staff members who visit schools to speak on specialist subjects may not be DBS checked and schools should ensure that they remain with a qualified teacher at all times while they are on school premises.
It is worth remembering that as well as pupils seeing part of Derby that they may not have seen before, the people of Derby are also seeing the pupils – and making judgements about young people based on what they see.
- The Open Centre has carried out detailed Risk Assessments on its premises to ensure that all risks are removed or minimised.
- The Open Centre has full Public Liability insurance.
- We ask teachers to be aware of the fire notices and exits in the Open Centre.
There are two main exits at the front of the building (one at the main door of the Open Centre and the sliding door – part of Pear Tree Baptist Church). In the case of an automatic or verbal fire warning, everyone should exit the building immediately (without stopping to pick up any belongings) and assemble on the grassed area in front of Pear Tree Baptist Church.
- As a charity we are always short of money! We therefore ask you to pay your invoices as quickly as possible – either by cheque or by direct bank transfer. Details for bank transfer are on all our invoices. Any additional contributions you can make to our work would be greatly appreciated.
Minimum group size
Our minimum group size (to make our work financially viable) is 25.
Please contact us if your group will be smaller than this.
Booking Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply once you have received a booking form as confirmation from us.
Prior to the Visit
- The Open Centre will send a booking form as a confirmation of a provisional booking. If you have not received a booking form, then your booking may not be confirmed. If you have received a booking form and don’t think you have made a booking, please contact us to clarify this, otherwise a charge may be incurred.
- Once you have received your booking form, please read and check all the information carefully. It is your responsibility to bring any discrepancies to our attention.
- If anything changes from your booking form prior to your visit/activity, please notify us of this. This includes, contact information, names and additional needs information.
- If the group is running more than 10 minutes late than the expected arrival time, the Open Centre has the right the rearrange the agreed timetable in order to facilitate the visit. This may mean visits are cut short. If you anticipate you are going to be late, please contact us via phone immediately on 01332 360737. If the group is more than 20 minutes late with no contact from the school or we are unable to contact the school, the Open Centre reserves the right to cancel the visit.
During the Visit
- Teachers remain legally responsible for the children in their care at all times.
- Teachers remain responsible for discipline and the good behaviour of their pupils at all times. If Open Centre staff think that the safety of anyone in the group is at risk due to behaviour they have the right to stop the session.
- Teachers must know the total number of visitors at all times to ensure fire safety. This includes the number of adults.
- The Open Centre has carried out risk assessments for each activity, though it is up to the school to conduct their own risk assessments in addition to this.
- Group leaders are responsible for supervising children or visitors in the group during toilet breaks. Visitors must check the toilets prior to departing to ensure they are left in an acceptable manner. If toilets are not left in an acceptable manner, the Open Centre reserves the right to apply an additional cleaning charge of up to £10, to your invoice.
- If the school wish to cancel their visit the following charges apply;
- 30 days or more notice – No Charge
- 14 to 30 days notice – Staff Costs
- Less than 7 days notice – Staff Costs and room hire costs (if applicable)
- Failure to turn up on the day with no prior warning – Full estimated total of the visit.
- The Open Centre reserves the right to cancel or rearrange any visit in exceptional circumstances.
There is no charge for rearranging visits, providing we have at least 14 days notice and the visit is rearranged for the same academic year. Please note – we can only rearrange a visit once otherwise an administrative charge of £10 will be applied.